This is a super-easy recipe for paleo stuffed peppers, and it’s delicious!
- 2-3 lbs ground turkey (or chicken or beef or lamb)
- 8-10 red peppers
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 onions
- Optional: mushrooms
- Spices: paprika, cayenne, parsley, basil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed/diced
- Tomato sauce (about 1/2 jar; check ingredients for added sugar!)
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet. Add onions.
- While turkey is cooking, “rice” the cauliflower. You have a few options for methods: you can use a cheese grater, a “jack-chop” (what I did), a food processor, or just a knife! You want the cauliflower a little larger than your typical rice, so don’t crush it to the point of getting mushy.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic to the turkey. Turn down the heat.
- While the “stuffing” is cooking, prepare the peppers: slice the top off, and cut them down the middle (vertical-wise). Remove the insides and lay out on a lined pan.
- Once the stuffing is done, mix in the tomato sauce, and carefully spoon it all into the peppers. Make sure it’s tight, and it will brown up nicely!
- Cook at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
We thought they were delicious, and we even had extra filling!